top of page


Wetland Delineation and Permitting

Outback Engineering's wetland scientists delineate wetland resource areas in the field and perform permitting with local Conservation Commissions and the state DEP. Understanding the local and state regulatory processes is key to the successful completion of any project where there is any encroachment on wetlands and buffer zones. Outback Engineering is your professional resource for identifying and delineating coastal and inland wetlands, including bordering vegetated wetlands, perennial and intermittent streams, banks, riverfront areas, isolated wetlands, salt marshes, dunes, and floodplains. We will act on your behalf in all aspects of filings with Conservation Commissions and appeals to DEP if necessary.  


Environmental Consulting

Where larger, more complex projects require coordination with DEP, MEPA, the Army Corps and/or the Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program, our staff will assist with design and permitting.  We have experience with appeals to DEP, filing ENF's and EIR's with MEPA, Ch. 91 permits for small docks and piers, Water Quality Certifications (401 permits) and Army Corps 404 permits.  Whether the project involves a dock, a sewer extension permit, endangered species, or complex wetland issues with a large site development, we'll come up with appropriate strategies to efficiently obtain the necessary permits.

bottom of page